Mexico: Approximately one million people lose jobs due to global epidemic in first half of 2020

Mexico: Approximately one million people lose jobs in Maxico

More than 0.9 million people have lost their jobs in Mexico in the first half of 2020 due to the global epidemic. According to an IMSS report, 83,311 people lost their regular jobs in June alone.

Mexico City: 921,583 people lost their jobs in Mexico in the first half of 2020. This information has been given by the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS). Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) said in a report that in June alone, 83,311 people lost their regular jobs in Mexico as a result of the epidemic.

Mexico has nearly 19.5 million people registered with the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) over a period of six months. This is the second-largest economy in Latin America after Brazil to provide medical care covering hospital expenses, operations, and medicines.

The Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) also gives a part of salary up to eight weeks to those who are not eligible for a job after an illness or accident. 86.6% of those who lost their jobs were permanent employees and the other 13.4% were temporary workers.

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador estimates that the epidemic could cause the loss of one million jobs in the country by 2020. In view of this, his administration is implementing a plan to create around 2 million jobs.

Since the first case of coronavirus (Covid-19) infection reported on 28 February, more than 290,000 cases of the disease and 34,730 deaths have been confirmed in Mexico.

[Hams Live]

0 Comments

    Leave a Comment

    Login

    Welcome! Login in to your account

    Remember me Lost your password?

    Lost Password

    %d bloggers like this: